Facts about B12
1. Recent research has shown that higher levels of Vitamin B12 complex protect against brain changes that happen with aging. People with higher B12 complex levels, even those without actual deficiency showed less age-related decline like dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
2. B12 complex is involved in the process that converts food into energy, this is why it gives people an energy boost. Without it, the food we eat is not able to be processed as efficiently for energy production leading to fatigue and even weight gain.
3. B12 complex also has an important role in forming new red blood cells and can cause anemia if deficient. Anemia can cause fatigue, shortness of breath, rapid heart rate and weakness.
4. B12 complex protects against heart disease by reducing homocysteine levels. Elevated levels of homocysteine increase cardiovascular risk by increasing atherosclerosis and hardened arteries.
5. B12 complex is a very important part of the covering of our nervous system, the myelin sheath. Having coverings helps our neurological system to work better which improves mood, memory, reaction time and just makes us feel better!